1937
1937

From Milan to Monza: The house at Melloni street was very small for the new born missionary family, which continued to accept young girls. Thanks to PIME, the Missionary Sisters of the Immaculate receive as donation the house of Mr.Pennati at Villa Boschetto, on the outskirts of Monza. On 19th November, the sisters shifted themselves to this house.

Mdipime - Villa Boschetto - Monza

The house at Melloni Street suffered a bomb blast during the Second World War.

1938
1938

Decree of the canonical approval of the new Congregation: With the decree by the cardinal of Milan, His Eminence Alfredo Ildefonso Schuster, the institute becomes as diocesan right “diocesan right”, with the name of, “MISSIONARY SISTERS OF THE IMMACULATE” on 25th March.

1940
1940

Religious profession of the first Missionary Sisters of the Immaculate:

3rd October: Profession of Sr. Igilda Rodolfi;

15th October: Profession of the first group of sisters.

1940 - Prima professione Mdi

1945
1945

The two houses: The opening of the community of Masaccio Street in Milan takes place on 18th October. Thanks to PIME, the Missionary Sisters of the Immaculate receive as donation from the Family of Fossati, the “Villa Triste” near the ancient chapel of San Siro of Vepra. The house was used by the Fascists of Banda Koch as a place for prisoners and torture. His Eminence Cardinal Schuster speaking to the Missionary Sisters of the Immaculate says that from that moment onwards it was the commitment of the Sisters to make the villa a “holy Villa”.

1948
1948

10th January – Mother Giuseppina Dones gives up the habit of the Sisters of Reparation and becomes officially the Missionary Sisters of the Immaculate;

30th August – The first departure of the Missionary Sisters of the Immaculate to India, to the diocese of Bezwada, Andhra Pradesh.

1952
1952

The death of Fr. Paolo Manna, on 15th September.

1953
1953

First departure to East Pakistan, present-day Bangladesh, on 30th October.

1954
1954

First departure to Brazil, on 27th June.

1955
1955

The institute grows and reorganizes its structure with the erection of the Delegation of India. It begins to accept local vocations and becomes international. (Opening of the novitiate at Bhimavaram on 8th December).

1960
1960

First departure to the United States, on 13th January.

1962
1962

The congregation is approved as of Pontifical Right, on 2nd April.

1966
1966

Erection of the Delegation of East Pakistan, on 8th December.

1967
1967

The death of Mother Dones, on 8th May.

1968
1968

First departure to Hong Kong, on 11th September.

1969
1969

The death of Mgr. Lorenzo Maria Balconi, on 10th April.

1971
1971

First departure to Cameroon in Africa, on 29th October.

1980
1980

First departure to Guinea Bissau, on 11th June.

1988
1988

First departure to Papua New Guinea in Oceania, on 8th December.

1989
1989

The death of Sr. Igilda Rodolfi on 21st September.

1997
1997

Constitution of the Association of “Friends of the Missionary Sisters of the Immaculate”, to sustain the works of the Congregation.

1998
1998

Beginning of the Lay Participation in Our Charism, at Monza and Pozzuoli, on 28th February.

2001
2001

Beatification of Fr. Paolo Manna, on 4th November.

2004
2004

Donation of the house at JONDINI on 28th May.

2009
2009

First departure to Algeria, on 24th September.

©2019 Missionárias Da Imacolada PIME - credits: Mediaera Srl

Log in with your credentials

Forgot your details?